Monday, June 13, 2011

Geez. What is it this time?

I had a decent dinner, and then went for a fantastic run, and then came home and had a snack. And now I am no longer hungry.

But I want chocolate. What IS it with chocolate, by the way? Why is that the universal (stereotypical) stress food?

I mean, I know what's going on. I'm tired. I'm anxious about upcoming vacation and tour. I'm anxious about my new job. I'm worried about my marriage. I'm worried about my child. There's a lot of stuff going on. I'm also seeing physical changes due to exercise (and still no dieting!), and I can FEEL that I am internally struggling with that, for whatever reasons I tend to struggle with losing body mass.

Now I need to decide if I want to just have the taste of chocolate that I want and be done with a taste, or if I want to reason my way away from it. I think either approach will be okay, and after typing, I think the latter will be the choice for tonight. I can have it tomorrow, if I want. And I think I will end my night with some yoga, since that has been tremendously helpful for my mood lately.

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate too. It's sweet, smooth and it's my first choice as a stress buster. You have a lot of anxiety in your life at the moment, and anxiety causes hunger; making it even more difficult to resist.

    I was using your same approach all weekend with a half dozen cookies. I told myself that I could eat all of them if I really wanted to, but I delayed eating until after I did something first (get kids to bed, finish dishes etc). Of course this is a lot harder than it sounds, but I'm hoping with practice it will get easier.

    ReplyDelete