Friday, July 30, 2010

Sorry...it's been a while

I have been on the road for a few weeks, and haven't had much computer access. I'll be home tomorrow, and will be able to post more regularly again.

I noticed that my scale-free challenge is over. Funny, because I rarely thought about weighing. I did notice if my clothing fit better or worse from day to day, which is probably a better indication of what's going on with my body. I'm not sure if I'll weigh myself again or not. If I do, I'd like to try to keep it as a monthly thing- because of my status as a military member, I'm sort of stuck being weighed occasionally. While the number doesn't matter as much to me, it matters a lot to them.

(Or, so I say...if it didn't matter to me, I wouldn't weigh at all!)

During the past few weeks, I realized just how obsessed normal people are with calorie counting. It's very easy to use numbers and calculations as a substitution for listening to what one's body is needing. I can say that, for the most part, I spent the last two weeks eating when I was hungry and stopping when I had enough. This wasn't the case every day...and I didn't like the physical discomfort that came with overeating. I can honestly say that I didn't feel guilty, though!

I wish this meant that I was "cured". I doubt that will ever be the case. But, I think I've got a series of really helpful tools that are making it easier for me to stay positive about myself and my body, and that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment