Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I guess that's good...

Another heavy food day. Here was today's thought process:

"I feel like shit. I'm going to eat."

"Something must be wrong, because I'm not hungry."

"I don't care. I'm going to eat until I hurt."

Interesting...that first "I feel like shit" sentence didn't occur to me until I typed it. WHY don't I post when I'm feeling like I want to eat without being hungry?

On one hand, I'm glad that I'm able to walk away from a binge with my head up and my dignity intact. On the other hand, I really do need to begin to employ better self-care strategies. And more importantly, I need to get back into dealing with uncomfortable things in "real" ways, instead of distracting myself with food. Food is not making my problems go away. It's creating additional problems (a stomach ache right now, as a matter of fact) on top of the problems that haven't gone away...and the original problems aren't being addressed. Seems sort of silly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment