Friday, March 4, 2011

Fitness Update

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it?

I found a dietitian in my area who specializes in intuitive eating. Unfortunately, her rates are a little high. Maybe I'll be able to pay for it once I start adjuncting...I really think that having a third-party who is dedicated to helping me manage my eating habits would help a lot!

My eating is, for the most part, really good. Or, it's really "afterthought-ish", which is way better than binging. That said, I'm still not craving "nutritious" foods, and I hope that will happen soon. I suspect that I am still trying to substitute warm, starchy foods for stability, if that makes sense.

One awesome update: I've been following the Couch to 5k program, and just finished the 6th week. 25 straight minutes of running. And I LOVE it. I'm looking forward to exercise. I feel better when I'm done with a run. This is what exercise is supposed to feel like.

I got a great Groupon deal for a month's gym membership. And I'm working with a trainer. I had to be really assertive in making the focus on passing my fitness test and gaining strength, NOT on getting slim. It's very interesting to me how hard it was for him to understand this. I wonder why that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment