Sunday, May 8, 2011

And still, I ate carrots.

It's mother's day. For anyone else who doesn't have a living (or present) mom, this day can tend to suck.

And I didn't overeat.

My husband took me out for lunch. My son, who has been getting into SO MUCH trouble lately for behaviors that might actually be out of his control, was a booger at the restaurant.

But I didn't overeat.

I chose to participate in the weekly weigh-in. With a fitness test less than a month away, it's good to know how I'm doing with weight. And even though I'm generally living a healthier life than I had in the past two years, it went up this week.

But I stayed positive.

In the midst of all of this, I felt really lucky to have the day with my husband and child, who, despite their (and our) challenges, enrich my life on a daily basis. I was able to listen to my body, make food choices that felt right, and stop eating when I was full.

And when my body told me that I wanted carrots and snap peas, I listened. And they were good.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to listen to our bodies...and good that you didn't allow the influences around you to make your eating decisions for you!

    ReplyDelete