Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Haiku Day!

Yay! It's dinnertime!
Checking in with my hunger...
Damn. Not hungry yet.


The other day, I desperately wanted to eat. But, I wasn't physically hungry. This was distressing, because I WANTED to eat. So, I distracted myself for a while...which didn't necessarily help. I was still un-hungry but wanting to eat. What ended up helping was honoring the feeling of wanting to eat, while acknowledging that eating without hunger wasn't going to make me feel good. This didn't totally take away the feeling that I "deserved" to eat, but it did make eating when I was actually hungry much more pleasant. And I know I chose a meal that I was really able to enjoy, because I waited until my body was ready for food.

This was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment